Poz-Outlook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poz-Outlook

The H in HIV is for HUMAN... You may never know the impact you have on other people's lives. Poz-Outlook is an amazing, dynamic group of people brought together by HIV/AIDS... who stay together because of the support, information, friendships & smiles!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Richie Rosales (Uncle Richie)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rammie
Admin
Rammie

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Richie Rosales (Uncle Richie) Empty
PostSubject: Richie Rosales (Uncle Richie)   Richie Rosales (Uncle Richie) EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 4:41 am

Very special to my heart, and even harder to let go of was my dear Richie. In 2003, I took the kids to Camp Hakuna Matata. It was the first (and last) HIV camp we had attended. Richie was the camp councelor for the boys. Upon arrival, they didnt want to leave my side, but by lunch they didnt even remember who I was.

Upon returning to Phoenix our friendship grew and we often argued about who adopted whom, but it didnt matter, Richie became "uncle" to my kids and like my brother. He and his wonderful partner Travis spent Christmas with us and cook-outs and birthdays and rollerbladed the AIDS Walk with the boys.

The kids and I attended a going away party for Richie and Travis before they left for Portland. When Richie said goodbye to me that day it was like he knew something. I shook it off then, but cherish our final goodbye so deeply today. Richie slipped away alot like Alex did, so quickly there wasnt time to react.

Richie cared about everyone. He was colorful and had the most contagious smile... and adorable curly black hair! He brought out the best in my kids. Without saying a word about it he taught them to be accepting and loving and not to judge. My family is better because of the short time Richie blessed our lives.

Richie Narvaez Rosales
02/07/63 ~ 03/10/05

Godspeed my brother!!
I LOVE YOU!!
~Rammie
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/rammies4

Richie Rosales (Uncle Richie)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Poz-Outlook :: Main :: Heaven's Angels!-
Jump to: